All areas of personal injury negligence and compensation law – no matter how big or small.
Including income protection, partial or total disablement, terminal illness and death benefit claims.
James Law are specialists when it comes to your compensation. With an obligation free initial consultation, find out how we can assist you. We specialise in all types of claims including:
- Firefighter Cancer Workers Compensation Claims – Nationwide
- Work Injury Claims (Workers Compensation) – QLD
- Negligence Common Law Damages claims
- Statutory Benefit Claims
- Notice of Assessment Advice
- Medical Assessment Tribunal Hearings
- Reviews to the Workers Compensation Regulator
- Appeals to the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and Industrial Court.
- Occupational Cancer (eg Firefighters, Solar cancer)
- Asbestos Claims including:
- Mesothelioma, Asbestosis
- Workers Compensation Claims
- Dust Diseases Tribunal Claims
- Medical Negligence
- Death and Dependency Claims
- Motor Accident Claims
- Public Liability Claims
- Aviation Claims
- Northern Territory Work Injury Clams including;
- Work Health Court Disputes
- Permanent Impairment Advice
- Workers Compensation Agreements
If you are unable to work due to an illness or injury you may be able to make a disablement claim under the insurance policy connected to your superannuation fund. This usually includes:
- Income Protection;
- Total Disablement;
- Terminal Illness; and
- Death Benefit.
We can assist with superannuation insurance claims and appeals, terminal illness and death benefit claims.
Unlike negligence claims you do not need to prove that someone caused your injury or illness. You can also have a combination of injuries and illness which may cumulatively mean that you are no longer able to work.
These types of applications are not personal injury claims. They are claims made under contracts of insurance and are governed by the Insurance Contracts Insurance Act 1984, and common law principals regarding contract law, equity and trusts.
The important thing to be aware of with any claim under a Superannuation policy is that you need to make sure all the evidence supporting your application is submitted, preferably with your application. It is hard to have the insurer consider new evidence after they have already rejected your application.
It is important to obtain legal assistance in putting together your initial application. You may not get a second chance to present better and new evidence after your application has been rejected.
Wills and Estates
It is recommended that you review your will at least every second year and/or when you marry, divorce, have children, when someone in your family passes or your financial circumstances change.
This way you can be sure that your estate plan is up to date and relevant to your current life situation.
James Law can assist you with any of your will and estate needs, including:
- Drafting and updating wills;
- Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Directives;
- Advice for Executors and Beneficiaries;
- Applying for Probate;
- Deceased Estate Administration;
- Deceased Estate claims;
- Intestacy Administration;
- Supreme Court Estate litigation.